Thank you for choosing to start or grow your Direct Health Care practice on Healsbridge. We know it can be daunting to try new things—especially when those new things change the way you’ve always thought or worked.
With that in mind, we designed Healsbridge to be easy to set up and use.
WHY A MARKETPLACE FOR HEALTHCARE?
We designed Healsbridge to feel like a consumer experience. After all, Direct Health Care is a direct-to-consumer experience. By selling memberships/subscriptions to your practice’s care and services, or single-appointment or bundled services, directly to prospective patients on Healsbridge.com, you’ll be using a model that consumers know and trust.
Millions of consumers buy and sell airline tickets, used bits, crafts, and groceries, book massages, and subscribe to streaming services. They trust marketplaces to protect their credit card and personal information and to deliver their purchases as expected. Consumers also trust you—more than anyone else in the Healthcare System.
And, there’s one more reason we chose marketplaces…you shouldn’t have to choose between providing excellent care to your patients and running a thriving practice. Marketplaces have proven effective in attracting millions of potential buyers and helping them discover services they want to buy from sellers they like or trust.
So, let’s get your Direct Health Care practice set up on Healsbridge.com.
STEP 1: REGISTER
Complete the 3-part registration process: Step 1: Provider-Practice Registration, Step 2: Agreement and Policy Acknowledgement, and Step 3: Account Setup.
1.1 Select Member Type. Select Provider or Vendor. Though both healthcare providers and vendors are Sellers on Healsbridge.com, licensed healthcare providers (e.g. MD, DO, DPM, NP), healthcare facilities, and medical groups, should select “Provider”; agents of companies that sell healthcare products, should select “Vendor”.
Follow the instructions to complete the registration forms. Your medical license number, NPI, and EIN are used for license and identity verification, and for payment and tax purposes. We recommend publishing your license number in your practice description to reassure prospective patients as part of the Vendor Profile in practice settings (Store Settings).
TIP: Your Vendor Name can be your own name or the name of your practice or clinic. For example, Dr. Reed Haslet or Healthy Horizons, LLC.
1.2 Confirmation Emails. You’ll receive an email to confirm registration and one to confirm account approval. The latter email will include a link to sign in to your new account where you can complete your practice settings (Store Settings).
1.3 Status/Role. By default, you will be assigned the role of Vendor Admin. Vendor Admins have access to all settings. If another member of your staff creates an account, that person will be assigned the role of Vendor Manager, which has limited access to the Vendor Dashboard to review reports and activity but not to make changes or view payment information.
STEP 2: STORE SETTINGS
2.1 Vendor Logo. Upload a logo for your new practice. You can edit the image during the process. Upload a photo of yourself too by clicking “Add Media”. Align the photo to the left or right of your text.
2.2 Vendor Profile. Use the text input field to provide a brief introduction to you and your practice. For example, “Healthy Horizons is a women’s health clinic led by Dr. Reed Haslet, a board certified OB/GYN who has delivered thoughtful, whole-person care to women since 2008.”
2.3 Vendor Email. Enter an email to which you’d like all notifications sent.
2.4 PayPal Email. NOTE: You will need to create a PayPal account to accept payments online. Setting up the account is free.
2.5 Commission. It is already populated to reflect the percent of sales price you will collect, less Healsbridge’s platform fee.
2.6 Timezone. Adjust your timezone to the timezone where your practice is located to help ensure your prospective practice members or patients are local.
STEP 3: ADD PRODUCTS TO SELL
3.1 Products. Vendor Admins can create, modify, and delete products by selecting Products from the Dashboard menu. Vendor Dashboard > Products > Add New Product.
3.1.1 Product Name. Enter name of product (simple and descriptive) into the first field.
3.1.2 Product Description. Use this text field to detail what’s included and not included as part of a service or membership. Be specific and descriptive here. You can write a more brief description in the Product Short Description section at the bottom of the New Product screen.
3.2 Product Types. You decide which products/services to sell and at what price. Healsbridge charges the same % of sales regardless of price. On Healsbridge, your product and services will be those you offer at your brick-and-mortar practice, for example, a membership to your practice, one-time appointments, fee-based services like infusions, or maybe a bundle of services for a patient with a diagnosed illness. See Seller Basics for more on products that are permissible for sale on Healsbridge.com.
3.2.1 Virtual and Downloadable. On Healsbridge, you can set up four product types, each of which can be virtual (available online only, e.g. Telehealth only membership) and/or downloadable (click this if you want to allow members to download a membership contract, Medicare Waiver, and other patient forms). Don’t forget to PDF your forms so they are easily downloaded, signed, and emailed or faxed.
3.2.2 Four Product Types.
- Simple Product: Use for discrete, one-time, and one-price-fits-all products like a vaccine (e.g. school vaccine $20). Can also be used for a single office visit (e.g. annual wellness visit $100).
- Variable Product: Use for products with variations that affect its price. Annual wellness visit with X-rays, annual wellness visit with in-office lab panel, and annual wellness visit with X-rays and labs.
- Simple Subscription: Use for products/services that avail subscribers of recurring services, e.g. monthly or annual access to in-office visits or video calls. Another example is bundled services like 6 weeks of steroid scalp injections for alopecia treatment.
- Variable Subscription: Use when your memberships vary slightly based duration or the age of your patient or the number of patients covered. Examples: 1-Year Annual/Adult and 1-Year Annual/Family, or 1-Year/Telehealth Only and 1-Year/Office + Telehealth.
3.3 Product Data. Here you’ll set all of the specifications for each of your products.
- General: Enter the normal/usual price (Regular Price) and, if you want to offer a lower price for a short period of time, set a Sale Price and a start and expiration or end date. You can also set Tax Status (Taxable, Shipping Only, or None). If taxable, select the appropriate tax class.
- Inventory: TIP: This section lets you control how large or small you want your practice to be.
- SKU: Add a SKU # if you have many products and/or if you want to use CPT codes.
- Stock Management: Check this box if you want to limit the number of memberships you offer (e.g. the number of patients in your panel). For example, if you only want 600 patients, enter 600 into the Quantity field.
- Allow backorders: If you want to allow a waitlist to form, select Allow or Allow, but notify customer. The latter will enable notifications of waitlisting/backorders to prospective members.
- Low Stock Threshold: You can enter a number that will trigger a notification to you and allow users to see that you are nearly sold out.
- Sold Individually: Tick the box to limit the number of memberships or the products a member can buy.
- Shipping: Skip this if you don’t sell physical goods.
- Linked Products: This is designed to help you upsell or bundle related products. For example, offer a 2-Year discounted membership when someone tries to buy a 1-Year membership.
- Attributes: TIP: Categories and tags are critical to ensuring people can find your products/services. Add them to EVER product you created. We’ve pre-populated product categories like Primary Care, Specialty Care, Medical Procedures, Health Screenings, Appointments, and Bundles. We’ve also created tags to describe you and your practice, including tags for gender identities, sexual orientation, and languages. They are not exhaustive, so please add new tags if yours are not there.
- Advanced: Create a Purchase Note as part of your Patient Experience strategy. Send Next Steps or a simple thank you. Organize your products/services in custom order (Menu Order). And, Enable Reviews to allow patients/members to review your services.
3.4 Product Images. Upload product images here. This will be the main image for the product. You should also add a few other photos for a product gallery. Use a photo or image for which you own the rights or use one from a free stock photo site like Unsplash.com.
3.5 Publish. Make your product visible by publishing it. Select Shop and Search results to make your product/services easily discoverable. Tick the box if you want a give product to be featured when users visit your practice profile. Then, click OK and Update.
USING YOUR DASHBOARD
Once you have orders or sales, you’ll see a summary of the activity, including payments.
If you have questions or need a little help getting started, contact us.