These basic requirements will help to ensure you are offering your services and products in a way that is compliant with relevant laws and regulations, secure, and a good experience for consumers.
- What can be sold on Healsbridge
- Direct Primary and Specialty Healthcare Services (“Direct Care”), are healthcare services provided by a licensed healthcare provider for which the healthcare provider is paid directly by the consumer with no expectation or pursuit of reimbursement from health insurance company or payor. The services can be offered as monthly and annual subscriptions, and typically include office and/or Telehealth visits, annual labs, in-office medication dispensing, and access to advice as needed throughout the subscription period.
- Single Appointments for healthcare advice and services are bookings or reservations to receive services like a one-time doctor’s office or Telehealth visit from a consumer who has not purchased a Direct Care subscription.
- Procedures are medical interventions and services performed by licensed healthcare providers in inpatient or outpatient settings to remedy injury or illness. Procedures can be surgical or non-surgical. Procedures are usually sold in bundles that can be paid for by the consumer in single or multiple payments.
- Physician-to-Physician Consults are video or telephone calls that enable primary care providers and nurse practitioners to obtain specialist advice to improve patient care without requiring the patient to make another appointment to visit a specialist.
- Test Results Review is the offline review and interpretation of the results of health screening and lab tests completed by consumers who are not currently patients of the reviewing provider. Test Results Review services may be requested by the consumer or by Healsbridge on behalf of a consumer, and will be paid for by the consumer.
- Other Healthcare, Health, and Wellness Services are any services provided by licensed providers in compliance with federal and state laws and regulations and include dietary counseling, physical therapy, chronic condition management, infusion and injection services, vaccinations, and respite or recovery care episodes.
- Healthcare, Health and Wellness Applications and Devices are consumer products like mobile phone apps, glucose meters, alert bracelets, contact lenses, designed to help consumers monitor their health or manage health conditions. Products sold on Healsbridge Sites and applications must be FDA approved (where applicable) and be recommended by physicians and/or supported by credible research and data.
- Health Screening Kits are blood and urine tests performed by a provider or phlebotomist in an office or lab or mailed to an offsite lab.
B. What cannot be sold on Healsbridge
- Even if they otherwise meet Healsbridge’s marketplace criteria, prohibited items like drugs and drug paraphernalia, drugs and devices making unsubstantiated medical claims, dangerous or illegal items, and items that violate state, federal or international laws are not allowed to be sold on Healsbridge Sites or apps.
- You may not create a Healsbridge Profile Page or product listing for the purpose of posting an ad, raising funds, sharing a discount code or provider referrals that violate state and federal Anti-Kickback Laws or Stark Law, or similar activity that does not offer an approved product or service for sale.
- Consumers or third parties may flag Profile Pages or product listings that appear to violate our policies for Healsbridge review. Healsbridge may remove any Profile Pages or product listings that violate our policies. Note that any fees paid to Healsbridge are non-refundable. Healsbridge may also suspend or terminate your account for any violations. You will still be required to pay any outstanding fees.
C. Managing Your Seller Profile Page
- Your Profile Page represents you to the Healsbridge community. Please accurately and honestly represent yourself, your practice or company, and your products and services.
- By selling on Healsbridge, you agree that you will:
- A. Provide honest, accurate information to Healsbridge and in your personal or practice descriptions.
- B. Honor your Practice/Company Policies.
- C. Ensure your Profile Page content, such as any text, photos or videos used to represent yourself, your practice or company or your service/product listings, abide by Healsbridge’s policies, including our Anti-Racism, Anti-Hate, & Anti-Discrimination Policy.
- D. Accurately represent your products/services in listings and listing photos.
- E. Not engage in fee avoidance.
- F. Not create duplicate accounts or Profile Pages or take any other action (such as manipulating clicks, carts or sales) for the purpose of shilling, manipulating search or circumventing Healsbridge’s policies.
- G. Not coordinate pricing with other sellers.
- Seller Standards. By listing a product or service for sale on Healsbridge you understand and agree that you are responsible for complying with all applicable laws and regulations for the products and services you list for sale, including any required labels and warnings. Healsbridge assumes no responsibility for the accuracy, labeling, or content of your Profile Page or listings.
D. Meeting Service Level Standards
- As a seller, you must provide great customer service and maintain trust with your buyers. These requirements are called our Seller Service Level Standards. Healsbridge may reach out to you if your shop fails to meet Healsbridge’s Seller Service Level Standards.
- By selling on Healsbridge, you agree to:
- Honor the terms, conditions, descriptions, shipping, and appointment times listed on your Profile Page or product listing.
- Sellers are obligated to fulfill subscription terms, complete appointments, ship an item or otherwise complete a transaction with a buyer in a prompt manner, unless there is an exceptional circumstance.
- Respond to Messages in a timely manner.
- Honor the commitments you make in your practice or company policies.
- Resolve disagreements or order issues directly with the buyer. In the unlikely event that you can’t reach a resolution, Healsbridge can help through our customer support team. Read about your rights and responsibilities regarding cases here.
- If you are unable to complete an order, you must notify the buyer and cancel the order.
E. Seller Fees
Sellers may be charged for using some of Healsbridge’s services. There are fees associated with certain transactions and use of certain Healsbridge product features. See Fees and Payments Policy.
F. Being a respectful member of the Healsbridge Community
1. At Healsbridge, we believe that every person has a right to be treated with respect and to have equitable access to healthcare and health services. That’s why we built this business! So, we expect sellers to abide by a few simple rules:
2. No discrimination and no hate speech. None. See our Anti-Racism, Anti-Hate & Anti-Discrimination Policy.
3. As a member of the Healsbridge community, you have the opportunity to create and upload content, like listings, Messages, text, photos, and videos. In order to keep our community safe and respectful, you agree that you will not create or upload content that:
- Contains racist, homophobic, hateful, or derogatory language or imagery, or any content;
- Contains threats, harassment, extortion, or violates our rules against interference with another user’s Profile page or business;
- Violates someone else’s intellectual property rights;
- Is false, deceptive, or misleading;
- Contains unsolicited advertising or promotions, requests for donations, or spam;
- Contains private information, whether it is your own, or someone else’s;
- Encourages or facilitates a transaction that evades the Healsbridge checkout process;
- Contains prohibited medical drug claims or offers treatments or procedures that have not been approved under federal or state laws; and
- Violates any of the rules against prohibited items.
G. Privacy and Protecting Personal Information
- Specifically, when you sell using Healsbridge’s Services (subject to this Policy), you may receive and determine what to do with certain personal information, such as when communicating with users and entering into transactions with buyers. This means you process personal information (for example, buyer name, email address, and shipping address) and, to the extent you do so, under EU law, you are an independent controller of data relating to other users that you may have obtained through the Services. For more information on the General Data Protection Regulation, see more resources at https://gdpr-info.eu and http://gdprandyou.ie. As a data controller (that is someone who decides what personal data is collected and the purpose you’ll use the data for) to the extent that you process user personal information outside of the Services, you may be required under applicable data protection and privacy laws to honor requests received from such users for data access, portability, correction, deletion, and objections to processing.
- If your practice is subject to HIPAA regulations, you are responsible for securing the user or buyer’s consent to use and share their information and for retaining a record of that consent. If you are found in violation of HIPAA laws for something that you did with user information, you agree to indemnify, defend and hold Healsbridge (and its employees, agents, consultants, subsidiaries, partners, affiliates, and licensors) harmless against any claims, costs, losses, damages, liabilities, judgements and expenses (including reasonable attorney fees) in connection with your processing, sharing, disclosure, or use of buyer personal information.
- Also, if you disclose personal information without the buyer’s proper consent, you are responsible for that unauthorized disclosure. This includes disclosures you make or unintentional data breaches. For example, you may receive a buyer’s email address or other information as a result of entering into a transaction with that buyer. This information may only be used for Healsbridge-related communications or for Healsbridge-facilitated transactions. You may not use this information for unsolicited commercial messages or unauthorized transactions. Without the buyer’s consent, and subject to other applicable Healsbridge policies and laws, you may not add any Healsbridge member to your email or physical mailing list, use that buyer’s identity for marketing, or obtain or retain any payment information. Please bear in mind that you’re responsible for knowing the standard of consent required in any given instance.
H. Communications on Healsbridge Sites and Apps
- Messaging. With Healsbridge’s “Messages”, you have the ability to communicate directly with your buyers or other Healsbridge members. Messages are a great way for buyers to ask you questions about an item or an order.
2. Messages may not be used for the following activities:
- Sending unsolicited advertising or promotions, requests for donations, or spam;
- Harassing or abusing another member or violating our Anti-Hate & Anti-Discrimination Policy;
- Contacting someone after they have explicitly asked you not to; or
- Interfering with a transaction or the business of another member.
- Exchanging personal contact, financial or other information for the purposes of evading the checkout process on Healsbridge, including phone number, address, email, social media handles, external URLs, instructions for money transfer, etc.
3. Interference. Interference occurs when a member intentionally interferes with another member’s Profile Page on Healsbridge in order to drive away their business. Interference is strictly prohibited on Healsbridge. Examples of interference include:
- Contacting another member via Messages to warn them away from a particular member, Profile Page, or item;
- Posting in public areas to demonstrate or discuss a dispute with another member;
- Purchasing from a seller for the sole purpose of leaving a negative review;
- Maliciously clicking on a competitor’s ads in order to drain that member’s advertising budget, also known as “click fraud.”
- Creating or using an independent buyer account to maliciously upvote another shop’s negative reviews in order to position those reviews more prominently.
4. Harassment and Discrimination. Any use of Messages or other communications services to harass other members or users is strictly prohibited. Similarly, Messages or communications services may not be used to support or glorify hatred or otherwise violate our Anti-Discrimination Policy. If you receive a Message that violates this policy, please flag and report the Message immediately.
5. Forums and Teams. Forums and Teams are public spaces provided by Healsbridge where sellers can connect. As with any other communications on Healsbridge, you must adhere to Healsbridge’s policies against racist and hateful speech, harassment and discrimination, and interference. Forums and teams may not be used by sellers to collaborate on pricing. Any seller or user found in violation of our policies may be removed from the Forums or Teams, and may have their Account canceled. No refunds will be provided if you are removed for policy violations, and you are still responsible for any outstanding fees owed to Healsbridge.
6. Communicating Cancellations. Only a Seller can cancel a Healsbridge order. If you are unable to honor a subscription, or complete an appointment or transaction, you must notify the buyer via Messages and cancel the sale. If the buyer already submitted payment, you must issue a full refund. You are encouraged to keep proof of any refunds in the event a dispute arises. A Seller may cancel a subscription, an appointment, or transaction under the following circumstances:
- The buyer did not pay or there was a chargeback, or canceled payment.
- Both the buyer and seller agree to cancel the subscription, appointment, or transaction before completion or shipment, and the seller has issued the buyer a full refund.
- The seller has decided to refuse service to the buyer, and if the buyer has already paid, the seller has issued a full refund, including shipping where applicable.
- The buyer did not receive the item(s) ordered, even though the seller has provided proof of shipping, and the seller has issued a refund for the item. (Refunding shipping is optional, unless the practice or business policies posted by the seller on their Profile Page states that refunds will be provided.)
- The buyer and seller agreed that the buyer could return the item to the seller for a refund. The seller has received the returned item and issued a refund to the buyer for the item.
7. All cancellations must follow these policies:
- The order meets one of the above criteria.
- The buyer has not yet received their item. (Received orders or completed appointments won’t be considered for cancellation.)
- The seller refunds the buyer in full, except as described above.
- The cancellation meets all of Healsbridge’s policies, including our Anti-Discrimination Policy.
- Sellers may still cancel an order and work toward a resolution with a buyer as they see fit for policies applied to their Profile Pages.
I. Feedback, Reviews, & Dispute Resolution
a. Reviews. Reviews are a great way for you to build trust on Healsbridge. Buyers can leave a review, including a one to five star rating of their purchase. Buyers can edit their review multiple times during a 100-day period.
b. On the rare occasion you receive an unfavorable review, you can reach out to the buyer or leave a response. Reviews and your response to reviews may not:
- Contain racist, hateful, or discriminatory language;
- Contain graphic, mature, or obscene language or imagery;
- Be about things outside the seller’s control, such as a vendor, Healsbridge, or a third party;
- Falsely inflate a seller’s review score; or
- Undermine the integrity of the Reviews system.
J. Dispute Resolution
1. Buyers must contact sellers directly via the Help link on the seller’s Profile Page and attempt to resolve any outstanding issues before seeking dispute resolution assistance from Healsbridge. For this reason, it is important that you fill out your Profile Page policies and regularly respond to Messages from your buyers.
2. Once a buyer contacts you to notify you of a problem with an order, you will have 48 hours to resolve the issue. If the issue is unresolved in this time frame, a Dispute Resolution Request may be opened by the buyer. Once a Dispute Resolution Request has been opened, Healsbridge will assist in the resolution of the case between the buyer and seller. This may include, but is not limited to, automatically closing the dispute and issuing a refund to the buyer, or reviewing the case further to help the buyer and seller resolve it as quickly as possible.
3. Healsbridge reserves the right to resolve an order issue before the 48-hour window for circumstances including, but not limited to, seller inactivity, harassment, refusal of service, manipulation, and undermining the integrity of the Dispute Resolution process.
K. Seller Account and Terms
2. Healsbridge may make changes to onboarding or authentication processes for sellers at our sole discretion. Completion of these processes may be required for seller account activation or continued access and usage.
3. If Healsbridge has reason to believe you, Your Content, or your use of the Services violate our Terms, including this Seller Policy, we may deactivate Your Content to some or all users, or suspend or terminate your account (and any accounts Healsbridge determines is related to your account) and your access to the Services. Generally, Healsbridge will notify you that Your Content or account has been suspended or terminated, unless you’ve repeatedly violated our Terms or we have legal or regulatory reasons preventing us from notifying you.