Welcome to Healsbridge. Think of us as an open marketplace where, instead of finding a good deal on an antique or a pound of fruit, you can find a local doctor, nurse, and other health care provider to care for you or your family at a price you can afford–even without health insurance. Simply join, search, and subscribe to great health care.
Individuals & Families
How do you buy health care on Healsbridge?
Like any marketplace, Healsbridge has many “shops” (we call them “practices”), all of them created by independent health care providers, health care organizations, and companies that provide health care products and services like health screening kits, lab services, and equipment. This model is called is Direct Health Care, and here are a few of the services you can purchase on Healsbridge. You can also access prescription discounts and other resources to help you with food, housing, child needs, and financial support.
- Practice Memberships: Subscribe to the services of a medical practice. Each healthcare provider will list in detail which services are included in their practice’s membership fee. Generally, you pay a flat monthly or annual fee that covers all office visits, annual exams and lab tests, and in-office services, and discounts on other services–no copays or deductibles.
- Direct Access Testing: Purchase lab tests, imaging (e.g. X-rays, ultrasound), and health screenings directly from labs. Stay on top of important information about your health. No doctor’s visit required. Many labs include a review by a doctor for all inconclusive or positive tests.
- Single appointments: Providers post their availability so you or your family can book and pay for an appointment online, usually for the same day or week.
- One-time treatments or procedures: Physicians and providers on Healsbridge post real, straightforward prices for a broad range of in-office, urgent care, dental, and surgical center procedures and treatments.
Why we built Healsbridge
We built Healsbridge because health care is too expensive. Even when you have insurance, you can’t always afford the most basic care without paying thousands in premiums, co-pays, and deductibles. Over 43 million people with health insurance provided by their employer can’t afford to fill their prescriptions or to complete follow-up visits.
Additionally, your access to care and a doctor you trust could be lost if you lose your job or your company changes health plans (which most do annually) or Medicaid disqualifies you for earning a bit more. And don’t even get us started on how hard it is to find a doctor or nurse if you live in a small town or a lower income community, or one that treats you as a not only a patient but as a partner to be respected.
Why a Marketplace?
- Most of us do/have bought something from a marketplace like Amazon or Etsy. In fact, we do 70% of our shopping through online marketplaces, including health insurance from healthcare.gov.
- Removing middlemen removes costs and bureaucracy, and helps us all get back to focusing on what matters–being healthy.
- Healsbridge is a fan of doctors and patients in control of their own relationship and agreeing upon the value of care and services.
- And, we love straightforward pricing that you can compare and pay for just what you need.